How Far did this Federal Judge Go? (2007) First published details of allegations of sexual assault by U.S. District Judge Samuel Kent, as revealed by a female employee's secret misconduct complaint
Story that revealed Kent had asked attorneys to buy his house because of his money troubles.(2008)
Kent's 2010 effort to get his prison sentenced reconsidered as "unfair"
Kent's misbehavior occurred during an unprecedented wave of federal judicial misconduct allegation nationwide...
Two part series about the secretive federal judicial complaint system from December 2009 was based on reviews of hundreds of orders showing how chief federal circuit judges handled complaints nationwide
Story detailing how some chief circuit judges who oversee federal misconduct reviews go out of their way to dismiss or ignore complaints, while others are more active, though nearly all complaints stay secret.
Hot topics - investigations by subject
- Vexed voters: the undead, the overvote, stalled motor voters, those without IDs
- Border bloodshed:US citizens murdered in Mexico in the last five years exceeds 470 cases - most unsolved
- Houston is major center for prescription drug dealing - and deaths...
- Harris County Probate courts: Millions at stake
- The saga of Sam Kent and the secretive federal judicial complaint system
- 1970s Serial Killings - Who really did them?