Friday, January 7, 2011

Join me to dig in...

As an investigative reporter at the Houston Chronicle, I dig up information in a lot of different areas, mostly focussing on Houston and Texas. This blog is an effort to organize major stories I've written over the years by topic to communicate with people who might be interested in joining me in unearthing information in very different topic areas, including:
- Probate court/guardianship issues
- Federal judicial ethics and misconduct
- Prescription drug abuse
- Americans murdered in Mexico
- Police shootings
I will more regularly update my facebook page and use this blog for sharing investigative stories and updates.
Your posts and ideas are welcome in English, Spanish or French. Or if you prefer, e-mail me privately at lise.olsen@chron.com

Americans murdered in Mexico

Americans murdered in Mexico
US citizens continue to be killed in ongoing border violence. I've been covering this since 2009.

Was this teen offender wrongfully executed?

Was this teen offender wrongfully executed?
Debate over this 2005 Chron investigation - and other cases continues in Texas

Who killed Baby Jane Doe?

Who killed Baby Jane Doe?
A 2003 investigation from the now online-only newspaper gave this baby back her name. But her murder remains unsolved...